“Why am I here?”
“What is the purpose of my life?”
“Why was I born into that family?”
To answer these questions, you must first understand that God is the only one that has the answers, which are published publicly in His book- the Bible.
25 Now every athlete who [goes into training and] competes in the games is disciplined and exercises self-control in all things. They do it to win a [a]crown that withers, but we [do it to receive] an imperishable [crown that cannot wither]. 26 Therefore I do not run without a definite goal; I do not flail around like one beating the air [just shadow boxing]. 27 But [like a boxer] I strictly discipline my body and make it my slave, so that, after I have preached [the gospel] to others, I myself will not somehow be disqualified [as unfit for service]. 1Corinthians 9:25-27
The best way to play a game and win is to understand the rules of the game. There are rules for this game called “Life”. From the get-go, God has a plan and a purpose for your life. A smart student of the Word will first discover the plan for his life, then set his or her heart to pursue the plan and win.
To win in life, you need to understand the following:
- The plan for your life is thoughtfully mapped out by your creator, God. Take time to understand God’s true intention in creating you. God is madly in Love with you!
- Be determined to go into the game of life with strict training, your life is a race. Note however that the race is a marathon not a sprint, hence you need endurance, discipline and patience.
- The race isn’t based on how well or fast you start, but how well you run the race daily. It demands consistency. Be purposeful in all you do.
- Do not run the race of Life aimlessly, have a definite goal in mind. In all things you do, have an expectation in mind. Use your imagination positively to affect your outcome in all situations
- Lay aside the baggage when travelling on the journey of Life. Earnestly pursue a deep relationship with God. Travel light on this journey. Do not allow a faulty self-image to define you.