1 Samuel 30:1-31
An altar is a place of exchange. It is the meeting point between the spiritual and natural; a meeting point between divinity and humanity.
You take a prayer point or request to the altar and come back with a testimony.
We don’t build physical altars anymore because we are the temple of the Holy Ghost. It is your attitude and belief in your heart that makes the physical place an altar.
When raising an altar, your requests must be specific, as I mentioned in How not to Pray and 5 Ways to Prayer-Drive your Life. However, there are some rules to follow before embarking on this journey.
Rules for Targeted Prayer
- Prayer is your legal right to ask God to supernaturally intervene on your behalf.
- Prayer is not telling God your problem; He knows! Don’t pray the problem. Pray and speak the answer with thanksgiving.
- Unforgiveness hinders prayer. Forgive, drop it, let it go!
- Faith comes from the Word not from Prayer. It is only when you understand the will of God concerning that situation can you pray effectively. (Romans 10:17)
- Your words bind and loose…your words are your authority on the earth. Your currency for your transaction of FAITH on this earth is the WORD of God. Life is breathed into the Word when you speak it.
- Speaking faith filled words in prayer is a mighty force that releases God’s ability into your situation.
- Faith filled words based on scripture dominates situation. Adam was told to take dominion over the earth and subdue it…IF ANYTHING GOT OUT OF LINE ON THE EARTH, HE HAD TO FIX IT!
- Understand your authority and your position in Christ. You are seated in heavenly places far above principalities and powers! You are above Satan Ephesians 2:6
- PRAY THE WORD! God’s Word is quick and powerful and sharper than a two-edged sword! Hebrews 4:12
I have compiled some prayer points that are targeted towards specific situations. Here they are listed below:
At the Treasure Conference, we will be raising altars and I’m certain that testimonies will abound!
See you there!