I recently met a man in his mid-thirties who had lived a dysfunctional life that led him to prison. During his time in prison, he learned one very important thing:
The ability to “prayer-drive” his plans to schedule
He had to plan his day out and stay on schedule daily. It was at this time that he learned to build on his strength and “prayer-drive” his potential.
What does it mean to “prayer-drive” your potential?To prayer-drive: to pray with scriptures about your passion and potential to get to your destination. Click To Tweet
This man came out of prison and got a good job with a leading consulting firm through a guarantor. He went the extra mile on all the task assigned to him and his boss noticed him. Without him knowing, his potential was being fine-tuned daily as he was ready to do more than was required. Today, he is the president of the company.
Is prayer the last thing you do, only after you feel confused and lost or do you prayer-drive your assignment in life from the beginning?
If prayer is the last thing you do, it is time to change right now!
And the foolish said to the wise, ‘Give us some of your oil, for our lamps are going out.’ 9 But the wise answered, saying, ‘No, lest there should not be enough for us and you; but go rather to those who sell, and buy for yourselves.’ (Matthew 25:8-9) (NKJV)
In the scripture above, the two sets of virgins had an appointment with the bridegroom, which can be likened to an appointment with life. The bridegroom’s arrival time was unknown however, they needed to be prepared and waiting for him. The wise virgins prepared by prayer-driving their time and effort.
Life is a like a journey that you have scheduled appointments on. You have no timeframe as to when the bridegroom will arrive. You need to have a clear plan for your life, so that you can maximize your potential.
You might not know what to pack for this journey, but be rest assured of the ‘nice packages’ called potential in you, they are packaged for your specific appointment by your Maker. God has put potential in each of us, but we must be willing to develop it by “prayer-driving”.
Plan on your strength not your weakness.
Every person is given an equal amount of opportunity: the same 24 hours, the same breath, and the same instructions on how to live. So live life to the fullest!
In life, you are presented with a choice to use your potential or ignore it. You ignore your potential when you do not prayer-drive your passion or when you decide to be on another man’s lane or be someone else. Be yourself!When you decide to be yourself, your potential is magnified. Click To Tweet
Using your potential is being like the wise virgins, who chose to go above and beyond the call of duty in having a plan for extra oil. When life throws you a lemon, choose to make lemonade from it. Don’t sit and weep, look inwards and prayerfully drive your life with the help of the Holy Spirit, by doing the following:
1. Use your potential: Prayerfully find what you are called to do in life and use your God-given potential to actualize your dream to benefit mankind.
2. Be prepared and decisive: Remember, like the ten virgins, we will get tired at one point or the other, but the game changer is our preparedness and the thoughtful decisions we make to reshape our future.
3. Be Attentive: Be focused in and out of season. Be attentive and prayerful on this journey called life. Do not waste time!
4. Be Godly, not sentimental to life: Don’t be foolish and have an ungodly sentiment towards life. Be decisive in dealing with any situation that confronts you. Learn to say no without feeling guilty.
5. Follow the guidelines in the Manual (i.e. The Bible): The manual for living will direct you, stay to plan. God is ready to bless you.